Wednesday 2 December 2015

UPDATE: Offers and Decisions

I just wanted to write a quick post as a lot has changed for me with regard to conservatoires in the last couple of weeks.  First of all - I got an unconditional to Leeds College of Music!  I got home for my Saturday music college to find the letter waiting and I actually cried when I found out - I'm just so happy!  I also found out later in the week that I didn't get into Wales.  This is absolutely fine as, in the end, I wouldn't have been happy going there and was also slightly uncomfortable about being that far away from home in my first year away.

I've decided to cancel my auditions to the Royal College of Music and Trinity Laban Conservatoire.  As much as I love what both of these colleges have to offer, I've kind of realised that Leeds was my first choice and I no longer want to go anywhere else.  After spending a couple of months just playing the same pieces, scales etc... I really want to go back to just learning flute again - of course, I've learned a great deal from my auditions and from the intensive work preparation the auditions demand but I really enjoy working on technical exercises, studies and general technique and really just want to learn as much as I possibly can.  I am in no way suggesting readers of this should do the same unless, like me, you know it's absolutely the best thing to do.  I think auditioning at several places is a wonderful way to experience the colleges and teachers so if I wasn't 100% happy with my choice, I would still go ahead with the others. 

Thanks for reading!

As always, please leave a comment if you have any questions - I'm happy to help in any way I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment