Thursday 28 January 2016

Short Update

In the last few weeks I have had no time at all to think about going to concervatoire, moving away or, in fact, anything at all regarding my life next September, but recently I recieved an email from Leeds College of Music informing me of their invitation day on the 3rd of February for anyone who has had an offer.  Coincidenly, the're also holding a free flute masterclass a couple of hours before.  After the masterclass, the invitation day consists of a  Q&A session with the classical curriculum leader, tour of the college, a chance to meet other potential students and a concert.  It seemed like the perfect opportunity to learn more about the college and spend another day in the city I will be living in next year.  I didn't actually realise any of the conservatoires did this but thinking about it, it seems obvious.

To make a day of it (I've booked my place now so am definitely going), my mum and I have decided to go a day early, stay in a hotel for a night and spend the extra time exploing Leeds.  I'm really looking forward to this as I realised recently that I've never actually seen Leeds in daylight!  I am biased as I have a fascination with cities at night, partly because I love creative writing and it's my favourite setting to write about - but they are magical!  Anyway...  Back to real life.  As soon as I am able, I'll do a post covering the day, masterclass, college and concert.  Apologies for the lack of posts recently! 

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. 

As always please leave comments if you have questions - I'm happy to help in any way I can.  If you could like to vote for me as blogger of the month, please click here.  Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment