Monday 22 August 2016

Preparations

Recently, I realised that it's less than a month until my enrolment day before beginning my studies at Leeds College of Music.  It struck me that, despite imagining a Summer filled with planning and preparing for my move, it's already late August and nothing much has changed.  I haven't been too well this Summer so have definitely taken it easier than I expected to but still...      

My preparations are very much underway though and moving to and studying at conservatoire feels more like a reality every day.  The main thing I'm concentrating on at the moment (other than packing, preparing for living on my own etc...) is getting back into practice and getting used to the fact that I can finally  play for several hours without having to worry about other subjects/commitments.  This is kind of how I've felt about flute most of my playing life - it's always been my priority but recently long practices have just felt like a rare luxury.  The fact that this luxury is now going to be the main part of my routine is just the most incredible thing.

I've been slowly increasing my practices over the last week by adding an extra exercise/piece ever day.  I've got to the point now where I'm playing all my exercises everyday and it feels so good to be back into it!  I feel that in a couple of weeks, I'll be fully immersed again and all ready to start my lessons which, incidentally I am both longing for and terrified of!

Thanks for reading :)

As always please leave comments if you have questions - I'm happy to help in any way I can.  If you could like to vote for me as blogger of the month, please click here.  Thank you!    

No comments:

Post a Comment